Thursday, January 21, 2010

Making A Home

So, this morning I woke up around seven o'clock again, which is nice because everyone else is still asleep. I usually get up, make some coffee and sit in my hammock on the back patio. It's quite pleasant. There isn't much noise other than the birds singing. (They do seem to start singing a bit earlier in the mornings than American birds. =D) So mornings have been my favorite time of day so far, they're just so peaceful, and peace is something I cherish! Anyways, after coffee and talking to Clark and the family, I walked down to the shopping center across from campus (it's about a 30 minute walk), and I set up my Australian bank account. After that, I took the bus to Rouse Hill-a rather large shopping mall- where I had lunch with a couple girls from South Africa, whom I had met at the bus stop a half an hour before! It was fun. Then I went and bought a pre-paid phone, for emergencies and contacting my housemates. After getting that set up, I went and bought a 12-month plan for mobile broadband, so that I can have wireless internet wherever I go. :) I also bought a few more essentials like: hand soap, washcloths, coffee creamer (yes, that's an essential.), and sunscreen. I then took a bus, to another bus stop, in order to catch the bus that took me back home. Home. Yep, my home here in Glenwood. **Speaking of which, here's my address if anyone's interested: 3/3 Cavalry Grove, Glenwood, NSW 2768 Australia.** So, I'm sitting here at my dining room table, feeling the breeze through my screen door, listening to my washer gurgle, and knowing that this is home. More than that, Jesus is my home. So, please don't worry about me, I'm right where I should be--Home.

'Father, my home is you.' --Darryl Evans
I love you, Lord. :)



4 comments:

  1. haha it sounds like you are having an amazing time so far!! we should definitely talk on skype sometime!

    fyi i don't know if anyone is ever on google maps but if you type in your address and go to street view you can look around the whole area.

    ~Abby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andi! :)

    Yep, I've done that before Abby, it's so cool. And a great idea for the people back home! Thanks girl.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for journaling your experience... we feel like we get to live it with you!!!

    i cried when you said you are home... cuz that's my prayer for you... i LOVE that darryl evans song and I remember praying over you at the service when he sang it... fervently asking God that He would make a place for you that would be your home... a place you could breathe and live and be at peace in Him, even when a stranger in a strange land... thank you jesus for your great faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete