Saturday, January 23, 2010

God is so cool!

Good Morning! It’s Sunday morning and we’re getting ready to go to church. Lisa Bevere is speaking today, I can’t wait! Lana and I are jamming to Kirk Franklin while we’re waiting for the other girls to get ready. It finally rained yesterday, and it’s still rainy and overcast outside. I’m so happy!

Last night we went to the Saturday night service and heard John Bevere speak, it was so good. His sermon was titled “Honor’s Reward”, and he talked about how we can honor God and people in three ways: actions, words, and thought. He had us turn to 2 John 1:8- ‘Watch out that you do not lose what you have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.’ ***Which is great because 3 days ago, my family read 2 John for devotions and we always journal what speaks to us from that chapter. Mom, Dad, and I all chose that verse! So, I’ve got a journal entry from the 20th of January where God’s speaking to me about being fully rewarded, and John Bevere happens to come to Hillsong and preach on that subject! God is so cool!*** So anyways, John talked about how when we choose to honor God, and people, God will also honor us. But when we dishonor God, and people, God will not honor us and we won’t receive the reward that God intends for us to have. It definitely made me think about what I say, do, and even think, about God and my peers. It was really good.


So, this morning I’m really excited to hear what Lisa has to say, and to see what God has planned for today.


~ Lord, thank you for showing me that you know exactly where I am. You are so holy, God. ~

1 comment:

  1. He is indeed amazing... and he obviously knows EXACTLY where you are and how to speak to you individually in a way that is REAL and PERSONAL! Way to go sissy... as you obey him, you come to know Him in greater ways... right? Reliving the Experiencing God book...huh?

    ReplyDelete