Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Enrollment Day!

So, today was enrollment and auditions at college. We went to the chapel, did some worship, listened to some speaking, and then they gave us a breakdown of what our year would look like. (How cool is it to go to a college where they start enrollment day with worship? =D )


After the initial greeting, we went over to the basement of the auditorium for the paperwork and boring details of the day. Basically for the next 2 hours, I stood in lines, filled out forms, and got my picture taken. But it wasn’t all bad, I met some really great people while I was standing in all these lines! Everyone is SO nice, staff included.


The musicians were separated from the other students, and Aaron puddle, the guy who oversees Worship and Creative Arts, told us about our program. We’ll be serving in various parts of the church, hearing lectures by several leaders, and working together as a worship team. And that’s only the beginning! I’m so excited!


Auditions went really well. We stood in line forever... It was like American Idol! But much less screaming and madness. We went in one at a time and sang with a pianist or a guitarist, and there were two judges watching. I sang Mighty To Save, they seemed to like it, and I felt pretty good about it.


So, finally around 4:15, I was done! I walked over to Gloria Jean’s Coffee and got a drink and something to eat. I ended up walking home with the girls that live across from me. Sweet people... It was sprinkling as we walked home, and after I was home it started thundering. I was in such a good mood!


I’m really happy to have all that behind me. Now I’m “officially” a college student, and I’m ready for the year to start. I can’t wait to learn and experience everything God has for me and my friends! It will be a good year, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment