Thursday, January 3, 2013

Twenty-Thirteen

This year I resolved to write. So I thought I'd write about resolving to write, among other things.

For the most part I have avoided/despised/cringed-at-the-thought of New Years Resolutions. I assume its because for most of my life I've had a *inadequacy complex* (my self-diagnosed term) and the thought of more pressure - or perceived pressure - being put me made me want to have a breakdown. However, seeing as how God has healed, is healing, and will heal that complex, NYRs don't daunt me anymore. There are many other more daunting things to be daunted by, I can't justify being daunted by these. Also, over the past year and a half my goal has been to continually live more intentionally in all areas of my life. I don't want to just happen. I want to be intended. I know God intended my life, surely it's reasonable to expect the same from myself.

So here's a few of maybe a rather long list of resolutions (I like the word Goals better than resolutions, maybe because "resolutions" just feels to resolved? ;) Commitment complex maybe?!) in no particular order, for Twenty-Thirteen:

- Record my 2nd album of original music.
- Expand my writing (Ok... maybe this one is a little vague ;)) Blogging, Songwriting, and potential book material.
- Teach at HCF's Practicum services.
- Invest in my marriage - be a better, more engaged, more encouraging wife than I was in 2012.
- Lead worship OFTEN (again, too vague.) Once a month perhaps.
- Buy/Rent a new house - By September!
- Go on a missions trip - big, small, with or without my church.
- Pray for direction regarding schooling/ministry.

Thats most of it. I left out a few. All of these things are completely doable, though some of them I've been avoiding for years. Praise God, He has finally chipped away enough of me that I have the desire to embrace these goals. Now, more than ever, I feel equipped (emotionally & spiritually, more than anything) to carry out God's intentions for my life. Some of them still feel daunting, but my God is able. I was intended for a purpose from the beginning, and I will be intentional in these things in 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment