Friday, November 9, 2012

Satin In A Coffin

"You were laying on the carpet 
like you're satin in a coffin. 
You said, "Do you believe what you're sayin'?" 
Yeah right now, but not that often. 

Are you dead or are you sleepin'? 
Are you dead or are you sleepin'? 
Are you dead or are you sleepin'?"


-- Modest Mouse


These are the lyrics that the boys keep singing around me this evening. And it hit me as a call from God to His Bride. "Do you believe what you're saying?" "Are you dead or are you sleeping?" 

In response to a writing prompt by http://www.subject4change.com/ I wrote that we are on the verge of something new. God still says: 

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." - Isaiah 43:19

And I can feel in it my bones! The restless I feel is only the restlessness that gets under my skin when God is calling me to something new. And I feel like He's asking "Are you dead or are you sleeping?" Because I must be one of those things because I'm not awake and alive in Him how I should be!!! I don't want to be dead or asleep! And I've made a decision to wake up and smell the coffee. To get over myself and get on with what He has! 

So Church, Friends, Family, are you dead or are you sleeping?



No comments:

Post a Comment