Thursday, April 15, 2010

This Is Life

Hey Guys! It's April 16th, I've been gone almost 3 months now and I'm surviving just fine! Who knew... haha :)

The past couple of weeks have been wonderful. Classes are still going great, each lecture is brilliant and I'm still learning SO much. Some days I'm not sure I'm retaining everything... It's a bit overwhelming because you've got the normal school/class schedule, plus church & evening meetings, plus your weekly fieldwork...all the while, God's doing open heart surgery! It's a bit crazy, but completely amazing.

On Monday, my class had our first performance day. Each of us had to sing a song (some did lead and some did background) and then our tutorial leaders assessed us. I was a background vocalist this time, and everything went great! The girl that did the lead vocal was fantastic, so she was super easy to work with. Wednesday, we switched the lead and background vocals, so now we get a go at leading a song. I'm singing a song called "Breathe Slow", we've got very limited rehearsal time, so it should be interesting... but the band and my backing vocalists are great, so it should be a lot of fun!

Recently I've been reading Revelation and God's been talking to me about intimacy and the Fear of the Lord. It's been really good. God keeps revealing himself in different ways, and our relationship has grown leaps and bounds. I've been especially impacted by my Old Testament class. I love unpacking the scriptures; seeing God's plan outworked hrough history and discovering God's character. It's incredible how God is still that same God today.

Other than that, I'm getting really excited for my family coming in July!! It's really close, and we've got some fun things planned. It will be so good to see them! In regards to being homesick, I'm doing so much better! I'm definitely more comfortable and I absolutely adore the friends I've made. I think I'm finally getting the hang of living in the "Now". It's good... God's really given me a peace about things, and a growing joy of being here and purposely seeking Him.

I hope all is well in each of your worlds! I miss and love you all, as always. Thanks for all the prayers and support, I really wouldn't be here without them!

"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."
-- Numbers 6:24-26


1 comment:

  1. "I want more than anything to be in the courtyards of the Lord's Temple. My whole being wants to be with the living God." (Psalms 84:2 NCV)

    David learned, as many of us eventually do, that the more time we spend in God's presence, the deeper our desire becomes to know Him better. God has a message for us all in Revelation because He wants no one to be taken by surprise. He has lovingly given us all fair warning so that everyone has time to be ready to see Him.

    Something good to read in parallel to Revelation is the book of Daniel - as you seem interested in the Old Testament. To me, it is amazing how God said things would happen over 500 years before Christ was born and every one of those things happened. I love how we can take God at His word!

    I'm glad you've settled in quite well and I would love to hear about all the things you're learning about God in your life when you have the time.

    ReplyDelete